Snowmen are the best part of winter. Here are 3 little snowmen to cheer you. They will happily send your holiday wishes and merry Christmas greetings to friends and families. Easel cards are particularly popular because they are so easily displayed after opening. This new card comes with 3 printable greetings for the message panel or you can use a blank one to use your own stamped lettering.
All the pieces are layered and will line up with the backing to make it easy for correct and quick placement. We’re trying something new on this design too. Adding small dashed lines to the faces will make it much easier to line up the eyes, nose and smiles right where they should go.
Card front. Assemble snowmen faces and scarves:
1. Start with the snowman in the very back. Add his facial features first. Use the tiny dash lines on the face to quickly figure out placement for his eyes, nose and smile. I cut the smiles on a really slow speed to get a very accurate, delicate cut.
2. Next add the 2 scarf pieces. You’ll be able to see where to place the scarf by lining up the scarf’s outer edges to the white background layer. I used pop dots on all the scarves for dimension but this is optional.
3. Now do the same steps for the snowmen on the lower left and right starting with faces first then add scarves.
4. When all 3 snowmen have their faces and scarves on, adhere the lower left snowman first, to the background snowman layer, lining up the edges on the left and along bottom. Then adhere the lower right snowman, lining it up along the right side of background piece and also along bottom.
This is the card front when all the snowmen are assembled. It’s ready to place on the card but first we’ll prepare the card’s base. See below.
Assembling the card’s base:
1. This is an easel card so the card base in folded in half and then the front of the card is folded again as shown in photo. The card folds flat for mailing but pops open for display.
2. Choose which sentiment you want to use for the inside message panel and adhere to the message back layer. The design comes with a choice of 3 different messages or you can use the blank panel provided and add your own stamped message.
3. Adhere the base liner to the inside of card as shown. I used a blue paper with white dots.
4. Add the message panel using pop dots. The pop dots provide added height so the message panel will keep the card open when displayed.
5. Now with the card front done and the card base ready, we’ll attach the front to the base. Flip the card open with the inside of the card facing down on your mat. Apply adhesive to front quarter of the card base as shown.
6. Adhere card front to card base, lining up along edges and bottom.
This is the fully assembled card folded flat. It can be easily inserted into an envelope for mailing. The finished size of the Snowman card is 6″x6″ square.