Tracy here from theIdea closetand today it is my turn to share a project at My Scrap Chick.
I love Scrapbooking but I haven’t really done much for a while.
When I saw this Basketball Allstar kit, I just knew it would be perfect for a layout.
When my son was a little guy, he and his best friend started playing basketball with the Jr. Jazz.
They played on a lot of teams together through the years but on their first team , Tyson’s number was #15 and his friend was # 24; so when I made the little bears I cut out the numbers and put it on the jerseys.
To create the layout with the Cameo/Silhoutte
1. Open the court into a new drawing area and ungroup.
2. Rotate the court 90 degrees.
3. Resize the basketball court to 11.75″ wide (do the width because you rotated the image).
4.With the knife tool, slice down the middle to create 2 halves.
5. Cut it out one side at a time
6. Open the allstar bear
7. Ungroup and layer all the pieces
8. Group and then size him to fit on your layout
9. Open the replicate window and mirror the bear so you have 2 facing different directions
10. Ungroup everything and cut the pieces.
11. Cut the title and any extra balls you may want and assemble.
Its actually pretty easy!This was such a fun little project to do and now I can’t wait to go find all the many photos I have and get them scraped!
Be sure to check out the Basketball All Star kit, I promise you will love it.